Friday, March 11, 2011

Two little sicklies

This has been a super long week. Brock has been sick for what seems like FOREVER! Last Saturday, I ended up taking him to Children’s Mercy Urgent Care because his breathing was horrible. They found he had an ear infection in each ear and gave us antibiotics for that. They took a chest x-ray and all looked clear, so they had us continue with the breathing treatments with Albuterol. Joy. Thankfully, my dad came to spend the day with Gavin while I took B to the doc.

Let me rave about Urgent Care for a bit :) I love that place! This was the 2nd time we had to take B there for breathing issues. The nurses and docs are fabulous!! There is a nurse in the room every 15 minutes and the doc about every 30, if not more often! They were so busy that day and I still felt like they truly cared about Brocky :) I didn’t feel like they were just trying to get us out of there, like I’ve felt in the ER before. I don’t want to go back there ;) but if we ever need to, I know we are in the best hands.

Here are a few photos from Urgent Care. Doesn’t he look so pitiful in the 1st one?

Photo03051207Photo03051237Photo03051330Photo03051313

Sunday, we had pancakes for dinner. B loved them, so I gave him one to chew on :) Look how happy he is!

IMG_5575IMG_5578

Then, Gav was jealous of B. He wanted pictures, too.

IMG_5580IMG_5582

Monday, we had to follow-up with our regular pediatrician about B. He was not feeling well at all that morning. Poor guy just kept crawling around and laying his sweet head down.

IMG_5588

Well, we spent almost 3 hours at the doc and came home with two new meds, on top of the 2 we all ready had. More breathing treatments.

Look, someone got a new mask! This one’s a dinosaur!

IMG_5589

Although B has been sick, you’d never know it. He’s been so happy and learning new things :) He’s now very mobile (see prev. post) and he can go from a crawling position to a sitting position and back! Here is how I found him Tuesday after his morning nap! I love this… boogers and all!

IMG_5591

Silly Gav.

IMG_5602bw

Wednesday, Gav woke up with a fever, cough and sore throat. Most of the morning, you couldn’t tell he didn’t feel well though. He was pretty crazy. That changed very quickly though.

Airbrush ;)

IMG_5610IMG_5608

My miserable little guy. Look at those rosy cheeks :(

IMG_5616

This makes me laugh. B was in the jumperoo and I was going to take his photo when he jumped! This is how it turned out! Peek-a-boo!!

IMG_5620

Thursday, crashed on the floor.

IMG_5629

Spiderman :) size 2T, actually.

IMG_5633

Let’s pray that next week brings me healthy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment